Sunday 6 May 2012

Interactive

This week's project is to make a website or app about your energy. Next Thursday we are asked to present the user experience to the class by creating a mock up of an interactive design. My first thoughts were to continue looking at transfers, how the sun's energy is transferred to other energies such as heat, kinetic, potential or sound etc.

I thought about making a website that acts as a digital flow chart. The sun acting as a 'homepage' and the user clicks on the different ways the sun's energy can be transferred. Perhaps videos or animations to elaborate each energy in action. I drew the diagram above as more of an example of how humans transfer energy but I could also make other options. For example the heat energy from the heat energy from the sun creates wind energy by warming air particles causing them to rise and cool air sink. Also perhaps when a plant dies, the chemical energy it has made using light energy from the sun becomes potential energy when it turns into biomass.

After more consideration I'm not convinced that this idea is much use in keeping the audience interested and seems rather patronising. I'm working through my next idea and will post asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment